AIR DUCT CLEANING
Air Duct Cleaning has become a more prevalent service over the years, so much so that many big box retailers have begun to offer it within their stores. This is a far cry from the days when Air Duct Cleaning was associated with fly by night operations and annoying telemarketing. The do not call list implemented by the Government of Canada has attempted to curtail the ways in which various industries, not only that of Air Duct Cleaning solicit for business. People in general are also becoming more aware of the fact that jobs solicited by telemarketers sometimes fall short in their obligations to thoroughly explain aspects of the work to be performed and the prices associated with such services. The following lists 15 facts pertaining to the Air Duct Cleaning industry: Air Duct Cleaning Facts
- Air Duct Cleaning services should be completed every three to five years
- Air Duct Cleaning can be performed at any point during the year
- The busiest season of the year for Air Duct Cleaning companies is the spring, due to the increased usage of HVAC and A/C systems
- The majority of people have Air Duct Cleaning services completed in their homes after major renovations.
- Regular filter replacement will allow you to prolong the effects of Air Duct Cleaning services and prolong the life of your HVAC system.
- NADCA stands for the North American Air Duct Cleaning Association. Certified companies do an excellent job of cleaning HVAC systems and upload the highest standards.
- Most big box retailers offer Air Duct Cleaning as an available home service, Home depot and Canadian Tire are two of the most notable ones respectively
- In order to complete a thorough Air Duct Cleaning job at least two qualified technicians are required
- Commercial Air Duct Cleaning is becoming more prevalent in the Mississauga and Vaughn areas
- Most reputable Air Duct Cleaning operations will not solicit via telemarketing unless they have had contact with you as a customer in the past or you have specifically inquired into having the service performed.
- Air Duct Cleaning can reduce the spread of dust and allergens throughout your home or business
- A common Air Duct Cleaning job for the average size household should take roughly 3-4 hours to complete.
Equipment used in duct cleaning
- Air Duct Cleaning is usually performed utilizing truck mounted vacuum and compressor units to remove debris from your duct work
- The higher the CFM of the equipment utilized by the Air Duct Cleaning company the more suction power it possesses to suck debris from within the ductwork. CFM measurements range from (10000 – 25000)
- Lower CFM units are capable of providing a thorough cleaning of your home, the overall job however will just take longer if completed with the same care and precision utilizing higher CFM equipment.
- Air Duct Cleaning systems are usually divided into two categories, robotic and semi-robotic
- Robotic systems have the advantage of utilizing an independent robot which can enter your duct work to clean and take pictures of the inner workings of your home
- Semi robotic Air Duct Cleaning systems utilize many different attachments placed on the end of compressor air lines to enter your duct work and perform cleaning.
- Semi robotic tools for Air Duct Cleaning have a limited life span and are not reused for successive cleanings
Chemicals used in Duct Cleaning
- Not very many chemicals are utilized in the Air Duct Cleaning business. The two most common are disinfectants and sanitizers.
- These products are ecologically friendly and are used to kill bacteria and leave a pleasant scent in the ductwork upon completion of the work.