There are a lot of different things you need to consider when hiring an air duct cleaning company. With so many “fly-by-night-duct cleaners” it becomes difficult to distinguish between the companies that do the job right and the companies who are scams.
When hiring a company keep the following questions in mind:
- Are they a member of NADCA (National Air Duct Cleaning Association) and certified?
– This ensures that they have licensed technicians who are given proper training, have liability insurance and adhere to a code of ethics.
- Can they provide you with references?
– This will provide you with security. Companies who can not give you references raise a red flag. Check their references and see what people say about them.
- Can they give you an explanation of the work being done? Do they know what they’re talking about?
- Do they have an office? Can they provide you with a location?
– A lot of telemarketers call from overseas and sell duct cleaning services, when asked for an office location they do not provide you with one.
- Will they show you how your ducts look before and after the service?
– This will ensure that the service is being done well.